Sydenham-Heritage United Church is looking for a part-time Music Director/Organist. This progressive, diverse and welcoming community of faith is inviting applications for an accomplished Music Director/Organist. This is a part time position (12-15 Hours weekly), and required duties would include
- Music accompaniment for weekly services, weddings, funerals and special services.
- budget management for the Music Ministry,
- overseeing maintenance requirements of musical instruments
- discussions of music selection with the Minister on a weekly basis
- rehearsals weekly with the adult choir and guest musicians
The successful applicant must
- possess strong leadership; interpersonal; organizational and communication skills
- demonstrate capability as a choral director and have experience with a variety of musical styles (traditional to contemporary) compatible with the theology of The United Church of Canada
- be willing and able to work collaboratively with the Minister and Worship Commission.
- be comfortable & capable utilizing both the Renaissance by Allen 3 Manual Digital Organ as well as the Samik Grand Piano during worship services.
- have an interest in growing the Music Ministry in new and innovative directions.
You can visit our website at Sydenham-Heritage.ca. You will be required to provide 3 references with your resume. Deadline to apply is February 28, 2020. Resume & references to be submitted electronically to Sydenham.Heritage@gmail.com or delivered to Sydenham-Heritage United Church, 120 Sydenham Street, Brantford N3R 3Y8 to the Attention of the Music Director Search Committee. Only those applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.